Pinning from the Outside
If you want to keep your pants from dragging on the ground or simply prefer the look of a cuffed pant leg, you can easily safety pin your pants from the outside. Here’s how to do it:
1. Start by folding the bottom of the pant leg up to the desired length. Make sure the fold is straight and even all the way around.
2. Hold the fold in place with one hand, and with the other hand, carefully place a safety pin through both layers of fabric near the seam of the pants. Make sure the pin goes through both the front and back layers of fabric so that the pant leg stays folded up.
3. Move your hand around to the opposite side of the pant leg, and repeat the process by placing another safety pin through both layer of fabric near the seam of the pant. This will ensure that the pants stay folded up, and the pins will be hidden from view.
4. Once you have placed both pins through the fabric, smooth out any wrinkles or bumps in the fold. You may want to try the pants on and take a look in the mirror to ensure that the pant legs are even and straight.
5. Finally, adjust the pins as needed to make sure the pants stay folded up the way you want them to. If the pants are still too long, you may need to repeat this process with another fold or use more safety pins to keep the pant leg in place.
Remember to remove the safety pins before washing your pants, and be careful not to prick yourself when working with the pins. With these simple steps, you can easily create a cuffed pant look while keeping your pants off the ground.